A sole proprietorship is the easiest way to start a business with fewer rules & regulations. In a proprietorship, an individual can start a business without any business registration.
However, in this business model, the individual’s liability is unlimited if any losses happen in the business the proprietor has to handle them on a personal level.
There are no specific Registration for sole proprietorship but you have to do these compliances –
- The proprietor must file Income Tax Return after the end of the financial year.
- If Business turnover exceeds the threshold limit(40/20 Lakh) have to Register under GST.
- “MSME Registration for Business” is not mandatory but can give benefits in govt schemes.
GST Registration for Proprietorship
- GST Registration is compulsory for businesses whose turnover exceeds the threshold limit.
- After the GST registration, you can start the inter-state supply of goods.
- You can claim Input Tax Credit (ITC) and the government will recognize your business.
So start your GST Registration Process online with CharteredIndia, send Documents online & Get Your GST Number and Certificate in Just 7 Days –
Documents Required for Individual/Proprietorship GST Registration
Aadhar should be linked with a Registered mobile number or Email ID because, at the end of the Registration process, you have to verify your GST Registration form with Aadhar Authentication OTP.
you can check here whether your Mobile number is linked with Aadhar or not- Verify Aadhar Mobile No. & Email ID.
Pan Card should be linked with the Aadhar card, the name and DOB(date of birth) should be the same as in the Aadhar card.
a latest passport-size photograph.
Electricity Bill of Business Place
Electricity bill of business place is necessary in every case whether you own or Rented the business place and even if commencing the business from your relative’s place you have to submit the Electricity bill.
Proof of Business Place
you can use these documents as proof of business place-
- If Your Business Place is Owned-
- Legal ownership document.
- Municipal Khata Copy.
2. If Your Business Place is Rented-
- Rent agreement and NOC from the landlord. (Download Rent Agreement Format in PDF)
- Legal ownership document.
3. If Your Business Place is owned by Family or Relatives-
- Consent Letter/NOC (Download Consent Letter/NOC Format in PDF)
- Legal ownership document
You can utilize a Cancel Cheque or a copy of your Bank Passbook to verify bank details. Additionally, you have the option to use either a savings bank account or a current bank account for your GST registration.
Process after Submitting GST Registration Documents
- After submitting the registration form with these Documents if GST Officer is not satisfied then Officer can send a Query & Notice.
- You have to clarify and reply to this notice within 15 days from the date of issue of the notice
- Also, the GST officer can visit the business place for verification.
Check Out More-
- Personal loan interest calculator.
- How to pass accounting entries under GST.
- Last date for filing the income tax return in India.
- Personal Loan Eligibility & Documents.
Yes, you can start the Business from your home, and declare your home as a Business place. but after receiving the GST Number you have to display your registration Number and certificate outside the business place i.e. your home.
For Normal category states- Rs 20 Lakh
For Special category states- Rs 10 lakh
Any service provider can provide interstate services whit out GST Registration, if your turnover crosses the threshold limits you have to register under GST.
When your business turnover exceeds the threshold limits you need to compulsory register under GST. threshold limits are-
For Normal category states- Rs 40 Lakh
For Special category states- Rs 20 lakh
All X’s creators (formerly known as Twitter) earning Rs 20 Lakhs or more annually have to register under GST and Pay 18% GST. because the money received from Twitter consider a supply, and this supply is taxable under GST.
so if you are earning more than Rs 20 Lakh from Twitter you need a GST Registration.
First download the format of the NOC & Consent Letter, then fill up your details.
Now stamped these documents from the court on 50RS or 100Rs stamp paper. stamped documents reduce the chances of rejection of GST Registration.
Yes, after clearing your tax liability and Pending interest or Tax, you can cancel your GST Registration by filling out the form GST REG-16 on the GST portal.
Late or non-registration penalty under GST is 10% of the tax due or Rs. 10,000, whichever is higher.